    SubjectRe: [LTP/VFS] fcntl SETLEASE fails on ramfs/tmpfs
    On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 5:42 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.org> wrote:
    > The one thing I suspect is *not* a really serious problem here is the
    > reported LTP failure, since probably the only user of this is Samba,
    > which probably doesn't do a lot of tmpfs exports, and in any case it can
    > probably soldier on (if with degraded performance--how badly I don't
    > know) without getting the write lease it wants.

    i'm not sure i follow. the reported problem is that file locking does
    not work on tmpfs/ramfs storage. a not terribly uncommon scenario is
    to use tmpfs on /tmp (or similar location) and have file locking not
    work at all. so programs that use file locking or scripts that
    leverage the flock utility from the util-linux package break.
    -mike

      Last update: 2008-04-30 00:05    [W:0.029 / U:0.688 seconds]