    SubjectRe: [patch] x86, voyager: fix ioremap_nocache()
    From
    From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
    Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:18:09 +0200

    > But, we'd not mind at all posting 1000 x86.git patches to lkml (or
    > another list) every 3 months (or more frequently), if people request
    > that.

    Keep defending yourself Ingo.

    You can post whatever patches you like a million times to lkml.
    That's not the problem.

    It's that the patches don't get reviewed, posting them more or to a
    different place doesn't help that.

    And you add patches before they are properly reviewed.

    Look at all of the postings people have made this merge window about
    x86 merge fallout(s). This is exactly the chief gripe of everyone,
    that you merge patches with little or no review into your tree.

    People paying attention can see what your goal is. You've expressed
    in the past that you think we're not merging patches in fast enough,
    which is quite a laugh, and now that you can do x86 maintainence
    you're going to ramp things up and show everyone "how it's done."

    And at what a great expense this experiment is being performed. Just
    ask anyone who has tried to get any work done this past week or so.

      Last update: 2008-04-28 01:33    [W:0.020 / U:0.404 seconds]