SubjectRe: 2.6.25-mm1 (no disks with sata_nv)
On 4/18/08, Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.25/2.6.25-mm1/
>
> - git-xfs is undropped because I finally got around to fixing its clashes
> with git-vfs.
>
> - git-arm-master, git-sparc64 and perhaps others are dropped because they
> don't generate a clean pull. They might be empty - I didn't check.
>
> - git-kvm remains dropped due to clashes with git-s390 and perhaps git-x86.
>
> - git-selinux is newly dropped due to memory corruption regressions.
>
> - git-nfs is (perhaps permanently) dropped because its content is also in
> git-nfsd.
>
> - git-drm remains reverted due to build failures
>
> - Tomorrow I'll do the -mm merge plans email and I'll dump a couple hundred
> patches on tree maintainers (these have about a 15% yay-he-merged-it rate).
>
> Then I'm travelling for a poorly-timed week. I return late in the merge
> window to find out if any of these patches still apply.
>

> Boilerplate:
>
> - See the `hot-fixes' directory for any important updates to this patchset.
>
> - To fetch an -mm tree using git, use (for example)
>
> git-fetch git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/smurf/linux-trees.git tag v2.6.16-rc2-mm1
> git-checkout -b local-v2.6.16-rc2-mm1 v2.6.16-rc2-mm1
>
> - -mm kernel commit activity can be reviewed by subscribing to the
> mm-commits mailing list.
>
> echo "subscribe mm-commits" | mail majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>
> - If you hit a bug in -mm and it is not obvious which patch caused it, it is
> most valuable if you can perform a bisection search to identify which patch
> introduced the bug. Instructions for this process are at
>
> http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/bisecting-mm-trees.txt
>
> But beware that this process takes some time (around ten rebuilds and
> reboots), so consider reporting the bug first and if we cannot immediately
> identify the faulty patch, then perform the bisection search.
>
> - When reporting bugs, please try to Cc: the relevant maintainer and mailing
> list on any email.
>
> - When reporting bugs in this kernel via email, please also rewrite the
> email Subject: in some manner to reflect the nature of the bug. Some
> developers filter by Subject: when looking for messages to read.

While trying to test the hugepage changes pending for -mm, I found
that none of my 4 disks attached to

nVidia Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)

come up (and thus I am dropped to an initramfs shell). The driver is
I see no sd/sdX messages like I do with 2.6.25 (which I'm using right
now). I've started the bisection, but if Jeff or anyone has any ideas,
I'd appreciate it. I don't have a serial console on this box, and no
oops is produced. .configs from 2.6.25 and 2.6.25-mm1 attached.

Thanks,
Nish
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2008-04-27 04:17    [W:0.108 / U:1.368 seconds]