    SubjectRe: iwl4965 regression since 2.6.24
    On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 02:41:06PM +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
    > as of 2.6.25 kernel, the intel driver iwl4965 has serious troubles to
    > associate with AP. I must many times set essid till the association is done.
    >
    > Moreover, it seems that it is unable to associate with different AP (using the
    > same SSID). I must remove the module completly to be able to associate to the
    > different AP. I think it is big regression.

    I am experiencing the same problems on 2.6.24. I have also
    noticed that it cannot recover association after waking from sleep. I
    must set the essid before it will talk to the AP. I always see this in
    dmesg at the time:

    ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

    After I explicitly re-specify the ssid, I see this in dmesg:

    ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready

    To clarify: when the interface comes up after boot or wake, it
    associates but will not actually send data (Destination Host
    Unreachable). I must run "iwconfig wlan0 essid <ssid>". After that, it
    works. When I move to a new network with a different access point, I
    must unload and reload the module.
    Hopefully, I'll get a chance to run with debugging and send
    along some logs.

    Thinkpad x61s,
    03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection (rev 61)

    Joel

    --

    "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the
    belief that one's work is terribly important."

    Joel Becker
    Principal Software Developer
    Oracle
    E-mail: joel.becker@oracle.com
    Phone: (650) 506-8127

      Last update: 2008-04-24 00:15    [W:0.024 / U:32.264 seconds]