    SubjectRe: [Broken] PCI: clean up resource alignment management

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > (In fact, I think cardbus bridges have a much more flexible alignment than
    > that size thing, and can be aligned at finer granularity, but I forget the
    > exact details, and since we didn't add a special "alignment" field, we
    > can't take advantage of it anyway).

    Yeah, I double-checked: the IO alignment is 4 bytes, the MEM alignment is

    So if we had a separate alignment word we could use that, but in the
    meantime I think IORESOURCE_SIZEALIGN is good enough, and a bit more
    readable than the STARTALIGN thing.

    Now we just need to have somebody test it. It turns out that I no longer
    have any Cardbus cards, since my laptops now all have built-in wireless.
    Boo hiss for me.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-23 00:17    [W:0.028 / U:24.492 seconds]