    SubjectBIOS bug, APIC version if 0 for CPU#0
    with the latest git on a macbook the system can barely boot without
    freezing, a work around for me at leat is either disable smp, or once
    booted turn on glxgears,or compiling the kernel i.g. when using the
    processors I'm not receiving a freeze, only when everything starts
    lowering down. in dmesg I'm noticing BIOS bug, APIC version is 0 for
    CPU#0! fixing up to 0x10. (tell you're hw vendor) could this be the
    reason for the system freezes?, also I didnt have a camera handy on me
    but the screen spit out = Bug spinlock lockup on CPU#0
    swapper/0. c17fa7c0 PID 0, comm: swapper not tainted.
    I dont have a problem disabling smp, except when I cat /proc/cpuinfo I
    don't see anything about my cores. I know this is a stupid question
    but will it hurt the system if smp is disabled
    for the macbook pro ati chipset.?

    Justin P. Mattock
      Last update: 2008-04-22 07:15    [W:0.021 / U:73.784 seconds]