    SubjectRe: ISDN testing
    Frans Pop wrote:
    > On Monday 21 April 2008, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >> Frans Pop wrote:
    >>> The cards I have are:
    >>> - Teles 16.3 ISA -- worked way back when with Debian Woody
    >>> - ITK ix1-micro 2.1 ISA
    >>> - Eicon Diva 2.01 PCI
    >> Honestly, a module-load test on real hardware can give us some useful
    >> information, even if it's not connected to anything.
    >> My changes are primarily in the probe-the-hardware area, so successfully
    >> making it past that new code would indeed be a useful data point.
    >> Check out the kernel found in 'isdn-pci' branch of
    >> git://
    > Turns out all 3 cards are supported by the same basic driver: hisax, so
    > I can only test for the one driver. The Eicon Diva uses an additional
    > module though: hisaxdiva.
    > I've put the last 2 cards in one machine and (after some fiddling with
    > jumpers and interrupts and IO ports :-) both are detected perfectly with
    > 2.6.24 when hisax is modprobed.
    > Advantage of using the two cards is that it covers both PCI and ISA.
    > The PCI card gets configured automagically, while the ISA card requires
    > module parameters for io/irq.
    > I've compiled a kernel based on your 'isdn-pci' branch, and it boots fine.
    > But when I tried to modprobe hisax, I got:
    > # modprobe hisax
    > FATAL: Module hisax not found.
    > Cause seems to be:
    > # depmod -a
    > WARNING: Module /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/hisaxdiva.ko
    > ignored, due to loop
    > WARNING: Module /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/libhisax.ko
    > ignored, due to loop
    > WARNING: Loop
    > detected: /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/hisax.ko needs
    > libhisax.ko which needs hisax.ko again!
    > WARNING: Module /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/hisax.ko
    > ignored, due to loop

    Yeah, that's what my patchset does -- splits the "hisax" driver into
    multiple smaller drivers. Thus, "modprobe hisax" produces the results
    that you are seeing.

    You'll need to determine which newly-created kernel module applies to
    your hardware. Let me know if you need help with that. The new drivers
    should be in /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/
    provided that you enabled them in the kernel configuration.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-21 21:25    [W:0.023 / U:5.728 seconds]