SubjectRe: OLPC: Add support for calling into Open Firmware
Jordan Crouse wrote:

> This is off topic slightly, but let it be known that the coreboot project
> considers OFW a very valid option for x86 platforms. A kernel that
> worked happily with OFW would greatly encourage people to adopt it in
> lieu of other BIOS / firmware solutions.
>
> I return you to your previously scheduled debate.

The interface they are proposing is definitely not suitable for upward
extension, for the reasons already mentioned. However, they have units
in the field, and the amount of changes required to support another
interface should be relatively minor.

Hence my insistence that we don't promote it as *the* OFW interface, but
*a* OFW interface.

-hpa