    > From: Miklos Szeredi <>
    > R/o bind mounts require operations which modify the filesystem to be
    > wrapped in mnt_want_write()/mnt_drop_write(). Create helpers which do
    > this, so callers won't need to bother, and more importantly, cannot
    > forget! Call these path_*, analogous to vfs_*. Where there are no
    > callers of vfs_* left, make them static.
    > This series is a cleanup, as well as fixing several places (mostly in
    > nfsd) where mnt_{want,drop}_write() were missing.
    > It will also help with merging You Know What(*) security module, which
    > needs to know the path within the namespace, and not just within the
    > filesystem. These helpers will allow the security hooks to be in a
    > common place, and need not be repeated in all callers.

    Places in nfsd must be fixed, LSM hooks *moved* *to* *callers*. And
    really, by that point I absolutely do not give a damn for these clowns.
    "Help with merging" implies that they can't be arsed to do _anything_
    with their code. Just as they could not be arsed to react to any
    comments (including civil ones) in any manner except "wait for a month
    and repost without changes". Sod them.

    And no, "make static where all (two of) current callers have vfsmount"
    is non-starter. path_...() is (at most) a convenience helper, not a
    fundamental interface - simply because new callers should not be
    forced into inventing a fake vfsmount just to use that.

    I'll look into missing mnt_..._write() in nfsd and fix that. The rest...

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-02 22:57    [W:0.019 / U:3.020 seconds]