    SubjectRe: Smartmedia/xd card support - request for comments
    On Thursday 17 April 2008, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

    > > They have nothing to do with JFFS or UBI (it's an interchange format).
    > > They require FTL.
    > Or does using them according to the interchange spec require FTL?
    > (That is, it would be really cool to finally have a supported MTD device
    > that doesn't need to be soldered on to the motherboard, so I could plug
    > the thing in and run UBIFS / JFFS2 / whatever.  I wouldn't be able to
    > use it for a camera, then, but it would be great for little machines
    > that don't need full hard drives, or for developing MTD filesystems on
    > readily-available hardware.)

    There is one MTD driver for Smartmedia/xD in the kernel, see
    drivers/mtd/nand/alauda.c. It is derived from the USB mass storage
    driver drivers/usb/storage/alauda.c, which contains another copy of
    the SM FTL.

    Arnd <><

      Last update: 2008-04-17 15:41    [W:0.045 / U:13.968 seconds]