SubjectRe: Reporting bugs and bisection
On 16/04/2008, Sverre Rabbelier <> wrote:
> Git is participating in Google Summer of Code this year and I've
> proposed to write a 'git statistics' command. This command would allow
> the user to gather data about a repository, ranging from "how active
> is dev x" to "what did x work on in the last 3 weeks". It's main
> feature however, would be an algorithm that ranks commits as being
> either 'buggy', 'bugfix' or 'enhancement'.

Interresting. Just be careful results are produced for the big picture
and not used to point fingers at individuals.

>(There are several clues
> that can aid in determining this, a commit msg along the lines of
> "fixes ..." being the most obvious.)

One thing I thought of is that the more "Acked-by", "Reviewed-by" and
"Signed-off-by" lines a patch has, the better reviewed we can probably
assume it to be and thus the probability of it having introduced a bug
probably drops slightly compared to other less-reviewed patches... or
maybe not, but at least it's something to think about :-)

Jesper Juhl <>
Don't top-post
Plain text mails only, please

 \ /
  Last update: 2008-04-16 23:21    [W:0.225 / U:3.524 seconds]