    SubjectRe: [bug] SLUB + mm/slab.c boot crash in -rc9
    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > Pretty please, could you pay more than cursory attention to this bug i
    > already spent two full days on and which is blocking the v2.6.25
    > release?

    Yeah trying to get to understand how exactly sparsemem works and how the
    32 bit highmem stuff interacts with it... Sorry not code that I am an
    expert in nor the platform that I am familiar with. Code mods there
    required heavy review from multiple parties with expertise in various

    > I'm just guessing my way around, but right now my impression is that the
    > current early memory setup code is unrobust, over-complex, occasionally
    > butt-ugly to read code in high need of cleanups, simplifications and
    > debug facilities, visibly plagued by hit-and-run changes with frequent
    > typos and everything else you normally dont want to see in the core
    > kernel. (Did i get your attention now? ;-)

    I thought the NR_SECTIONS stuff would trigger some memories. Adding apw
    who seemed to be most familiar with the material in the past
    (AFAICT NODE_NOT_IN_PAGE_FLAGS is there for IBM NUMAQ etc) and Kame-san.

    Andy, Kame-san could you have a look at the sparsemem config issue with
    32 bit !PAE? This is SPARSEMEM_STATIC.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-15 22:07    [W:0.031 / U:40.648 seconds]