    From Downtime Notice - Please read *very* important

    Afternoon everyone,

    I and the other admins would like to announce downtime for
    ALL machines (this includes all of the mirror machines, the
    public machines and the backend master). The downtime is scheduled to
    start on or around April 2nd, 2008 on or around 0001 UTC.

    After much deliberation, research and argument in #korg (along with
    screaming matches between HPA and I over dinner) we are upgrading the machines from Fedora Core 5 to FreeBSD 7.0. This decision
    does not come lightly to the admins, and we would like to
    point out several key things that helped us form our decision:

    FreeBSD 7.0 Bests Linux in SMP Performance:

    FreeBSD vs. Linux vs. Windows 2000

    We feel that we can better serve our mirrors, our users and the
    community by making the switch, and we hope to have the transition done
    very shortly.

    - - John 'Warthog9' Hawley Admin

    Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-01 03:43    [W:0.023 / U:172.028 seconds]