SubjectRe: make O=dir fails with current git
Sam Ravnborg schrieb:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 07:19:21PM +0100, Stefan Hellermann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using "make O=machinename" for building different kernels from one tree. About 15 days
>> ago it was okay, with current git it fails:
>> $ make O=client1
>> scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/x86/Kconfig
>> Using /srv/devel/kernel as source for kernel
>> /srv/devel/kernel is not clean, please run 'make mrproper'
>> in the '/srv/devel/kernel' directory.
>> make[1]: *** [prepare3] Error 1
>> make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
>>
>> running "make mrproper" (without O=dir) doesn't help.
>> I've not changed anything, I only made a "git-pull".
>> Now I'm at home, tried "mkdir test; make O=test defconfig all" with current git-head, it
>> doesn't work too.
>
> I tried to reproduce this here without luck.
> The tests performed by kbuild to dertermine if the
> source directory is clean are very basic.
> If the file .config exist or the directory
> include/config exists then the source tree is considered clean.
> Otherwise you get the above message.

Hi, damn, it's that easy!
It was the .config file, I added (as root) a symlink to dir/.config to let some other
application check if some Kernel-options are set, then the permissions of this symlink
prevented make mrproper from removing it.

For what purpose is this check? I can't point the other application to kerneldir/dir
because it also greps in kerneldir/Makefile for the kernel-version.

Thanks
Stefan

> Can you please try to run: make mrproper
> and then manually check if the .config file
> or the include/config directory exists.
>
> If they exists after make mrproper then
> check your permissions.
>
> In any case let me know the result.
>
> Sam

  Last update: 2008-03-31 20:41    [W:0.155 / U:0.256 seconds]