    SubjectRe: strange behavior on multimedia eject button for cdrom
    Harald Dunkel wrote:
    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Mike Keehan wrote:
    >> Hi Harold.
    >>
    >> Somewhere on the web I read that some of the M1330 media keys are
    >> directly connected to the drive, hence the lack of keycodes.
    >>
    >> If you eject a disk while it is being played, then the Linux driver
    >> will get a read failure. What happens then may not be well defined :)
    >>

    > Maybe there is some misunderstanding here: I am not playing music
    > from the CD. It is idle. But if I press the CD eject button, then
    > audio output (e.g. some mp3 file played from harddisk) gets
    > corrupted, the network connection is dead, etc.
    >
    > Ejecting the CD takes about 7 seconds. Durig this time Linux is
    > dead! I haven't checked any SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR applications,
    > but AFAIK this shouldn't happen.
    >
    > If I run "eject cdrom" on the console instead, then there is no
    > such problem.
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Harri

    Hi again.

    Ok, I just tried doing the same thing on my M1330. It behaves
    differently to yours in that a small section of music repeats again
    and again until the disk is ejected, and then carries on (I was using
    RealPlayer with a local file as a simple test).

    And it does look like other things stop working while the disk is
    ejected - screen updates freeze and network too I think.

    I'm going to be travelling for the next few days, so I won't be able
    to try anything else till later in the week.

    Regards,

    Mike.

      Last update: 2008-03-03 21:17    [W:0.021 / U:2.724 seconds]