SubjectRe: strange behavior on multimedia eject button for cdrom
Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Keehan wrote:
>> Hi Harold.
>>
>> Somewhere on the web I read that some of the M1330 media keys are
>> directly connected to the drive, hence the lack of keycodes.
>>
>> If you eject a disk while it is being played, then the Linux driver
>> will get a read failure. What happens then may not be well defined :)
>>

> Maybe there is some misunderstanding here: I am not playing music
> from the CD. It is idle. But if I press the CD eject button, then
> audio output (e.g. some mp3 file played from harddisk) gets
> corrupted, the network connection is dead, etc.
>
> Ejecting the CD takes about 7 seconds. Durig this time Linux is
> dead! I haven't checked any SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR applications,
> but AFAIK this shouldn't happen.
>
> If I run "eject cdrom" on the console instead, then there is no
> such problem.
>

> Regards
>
> Harri

Hi again.

Ok, I just tried doing the same thing on my M1330. It behaves
differently to yours in that a small section of music repeats again
and again until the disk is ejected, and then carries on (I was using
RealPlayer with a local file as a simple test).
And it does look like other things stop working while the disk is
ejected - screen updates freeze and network too I think.

I'm going to be travelling for the next few days, so I won't be able
to try anything else till later in the week.

Regards,

Mike.