SubjectRe: Oops/Warning report for the week of March 28th 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> Rank 1: input_release_device
> This appears to be a regression in 2.6.25; the first reports show up
> in 2.6.25-rc2 Often a warning at kernel/mutex.c:134
> (mutex_lock_nested), but some oopses too

The oopses (at least some of them) seem to be a use-after-free where we
seem to do a list_add() on an already-released list head (or we didn't
remove the previous/next entry from a list before we free'd it, and then
the next list_add() will follow a bogus pointer).

> http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=input_release_device

The problem with kerneloops is that it seems to be really hard to figure
out the *source* of the oops. I can find the oopses (and it's really good
with the whole search-and-clump-together-by-version thing), but then when
some oops like this is found, it's hard to see where your kerneloops
scripts found the oops from, so the context of the oops is all gone.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? I'd really like to see the
whole posting that the oops came from. Do you save the originals or even
just message ID's from the ones you pick from emails?

Linus

  Last update: 2008-03-28 21:25    [W:0.068 / U:0.152 seconds]