    SubjectRe: RAID-1 performance under 2.4 and 2.6
    Bart Van Assche wrote:
    > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Chris Snook <csnook@redhat.com> wrote:

    >> It means you shouldn't use dd as a benchmark.
    >
    > If you want to benchmark write speed, you should add
    > oflag=direct,dsync to the dd command line. For benchmarking read speed
    > you should specify iflag=direct. Or, even better, you can use xdd with
    > the flags -dio -processlock.

    No, you want your benchmark to measure performance doing what the
    application does. Do unless you have an application which has been
    heavily Linux-ized you don't want to measure something unrelated to the
    application requirements.

    --
    Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

      Last update: 2008-03-27 22:55    [W:4.775 / U:0.192 seconds]