    Subject[patch 00/37] PNP resource_table cleanups
    This series of patches does some PNP housecleaning and
    consolidation.

    PNP currently uses a fixed-size table (pnp_resource_table)
    to track the IO, MMIO, IRQ, and DMA resources used by a
    device. Some motherboard devices have many resources, so
    we've been plagued by table overflows and we've had to
    drastically increase the table size, which wastes a lot
    of memory.

    The end goal is to replace that fixed-size table with something
    more dynamic. These patches don't go that far, but they do make
    pnp_resource_table private to the PNP core and centralize all
    references to it in a small set of shared functions.

    In addition, this series contains a number of related
    cleanups, like centralized allocation of struct pnp_dev,
    conversion to dev_printk when possible, removing many
    PNP core internal functions from the public interface,
    and alignment of the ISAPNP, PNPBIOS, and PNPACPI backends.

    Bjorn

      Last update: 2008-03-26 18:11    [W:0.021 / U:30.412 seconds]