    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Stacked GIT 0.14.2
    On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:24:20PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
    > On 24/03/2008, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@computergmbh.de> wrote:
    > > On Monday 2008-03-24 20:59, Catalin Marinas wrote:
    > >
    > > > Stacked GIT 0.14.2 release is available from http://www.procode.org/stgit/.
    > > >
    > > > StGIT is a Python application providing similar functionality to Quilt
    > > > (i.e. pushing/popping patches to/from a stack) on top of GIT.
    > >

    > > I always wondered what the difference between stgit and guilt is.
    > > Does anyone have a comparison up?
    >
    > There was a thread last year:
    >
    > http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2007/6/14/249310
    >
    > I don't follow the guilt development to be able to comment. They are
    > pretty similar regarding patch management but it's probably best to
    > try both and see which tool you like. StGIT might have a few more
    > features as it was around for longer (e-mail templates, patch
    > synchronisation between branches etc.) but guilt seems actively
    > developed as well.

    Right. Try both and use whatever you're happier with.

    > I might be wrong here but I'm not sure whether guilt uses three-way
    > merging when pushing a patch or just a two-way diff apply. The
    > three-way merging has several advantages in dealing with conflicts.

    It's still using two-way diff apply, but I'd like to implement a three-way
    merge as a fallback.

    Josef 'Jeff' Sipek.

    --
    The box said "Windows XP or better required". So I installed Linux.

      Last update: 2008-03-25 00:43    [W:0.020 / U:120.720 seconds]