SubjectRe: SDIO: IO-Ready Bit
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Pierre Ossman <drzeus@drzeus.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:43:40 +0200
>
> "Tomas Winkler" <tomasw@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Pierre Ossman <drzeus@drzeus.cx> wrote:
> > >

> > > A better approach is to simply have the drivers for your subfunctions synchronize things. Make sure noone calls sdio_enable_func() until the firmware has been loaded.
> >
> > This could even be done from user space in case you want to use a
> > standard driver.
> >
> > Won't this prevent us from compiling the drivers into kernel?
> > Second how this possible especially with standard driver as they are
> > loaded. I know you can enforce module loading but how can you enforce
> > probing order form user space?
>
> You can tell the kernel to not automatically attach drivers to devices.
> That way you can have a user space process control exactly the order
> and timing of things. I haven't played around with this feature myself
> though, so I can't really provide you with any good information on how
> to use it. You should be able to google up something useful.

I couldn't find anything that can prevent the probe function to be
called in case the module is already loaded. I've looked at udev and
HAL and no much I found.
I will dig into kernel sources, maybe finding out how can be bus
enumeration triggered again or something like this.
Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tomas

  Last update: 2008-03-22 23:13    [W:0.065 / U:3.292 seconds]