    SubjectRe: strange behavior on multimedia eject button for cdrom
    On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:45:46 +0100
    Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> wrote:

    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Mike Keehan wrote:
    > > Hi Harold.
    > >
    > > Somewhere on the web I read that some of the M1330 media keys are
    > > directly connected to the drive, hence the lack of keycodes.
    > >
    > > If you eject a disk while it is being played, then the Linux driver
    > > will get a read failure. What happens then may not be well
    > > defined :)
    > >

    > Maybe there is some misunderstanding here: I am not playing music
    > from the CD. It is idle. But if I press the CD eject button, then
    > audio output (e.g. some mp3 file played from harddisk) gets
    > corrupted, the network connection is dead, etc.
    >
    > Ejecting the CD takes about 7 seconds. Durig this time Linux is
    > dead! I haven't checked any SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR applications,
    > but AFAIK this shouldn't happen.
    >
    > If I run "eject cdrom" on the console instead, then there is no
    > such problem.

    try (temporarily) disable the hal storage polling thing.....
    that could well avoid the entire issue.

    --
    If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
    visit http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2008-03-02 21:57    [W:0.063 / U:0.004 seconds]