    SubjectRe: strange behavior on multimedia eject button for cdrom
    Hi Mike,

    Mike Keehan wrote:
    > Hi Harold.
    >
    > Somewhere on the web I read that some of the M1330 media keys are
    > directly connected to the drive, hence the lack of keycodes.
    >
    > If you eject a disk while it is being played, then the Linux driver will
    > get a read failure. What happens then may not be well defined :)

    Maybe there is some misunderstanding here: I am not playing music
    from the CD. It is idle. But if I press the CD eject button, then
    audio output (e.g. some mp3 file played from harddisk) gets
    corrupted, the network connection is dead, etc.

    Ejecting the CD takes about 7 seconds. Durig this time Linux is
    dead! I haven't checked any SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR applications,
    but AFAIK this shouldn't happen.

    If I run "eject cdrom" on the console instead, then there is no
    such problem.

    Regards

    Harri

      Last update: 2008-03-02 21:49    [W:0.024 / U:1.820 seconds]