    SubjectRe: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]
    On Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:38 pm Justin Madru wrote:
    > Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > >> I've put in a sync request for this to get updated for hardy. (It still
    > >> will only be in universe, so won't be built automatically with -intel,
    > >> but at least users will be able to more easily compile it by hand.)
    > >>
    > >> Meanwhile, here is a Ubuntu Hardy build of Debian's package:
    > >>

    > >>10-1_i386.deb
    > >>
    > >>1_i386.deb
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot Bryce, hopefully this will help Justin build the register
    > > dumper so we can track down his problem...
    > >
    > > Jesse
    > Thanks for all your help so far! Well I tried to install the deb files
    > that Bryce created, unfortunately they're dependent on a newer version
    > of libc6. I think (_hope_) this is the one in Hardy _because_ that's
    > what I'm doing right now; I've decided to upgrade to Hardy. (so sad
    > because I have to download _1.5GB_)
    > Jesse, do you still think it's a bug in the X server driver instead of
    > the kernel driver (dri I guess)? Because I can trigger the blank screen
    > before the X server even starts. If I press ctr+alt+f1 at the _right_
    > time when the kernel is booting (or I guess when the boot splash is
    > showing) it will instantly blank out. That doesn't seem like something
    > related to X.

    Depends on the boot splash program. I think in some configurations it'll be X
    based, but again Bryce probably knows more here as the Ubuntu X guy. :)

    > Anyways maybe it's multiple things, and by upgrading to Hardy it might
    > fix it (which would prove that it's not a kernel bug, but some software
    > version dependency bug - which would still be good to know).

    Good luck with the upgrade...

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-03-20 01:31    [W:0.022 / U:1.916 seconds]