    SubjectRe: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]
    Jesse Barnes wrote:
    >> I've put in a sync request for this to get updated for hardy. (It still
    >> will only be in universe, so won't be built automatically with -intel,
    >> but at least users will be able to more easily compile it by hand.)
    >> Meanwhile, here is a Ubuntu Hardy build of Debian's package:
    > Thanks a lot Bryce, hopefully this will help Justin build the register dumper
    > so we can track down his problem...
    > Jesse
    Thanks for all your help so far! Well I tried to install the deb files
    that Bryce created, unfortunately they're dependent on a newer version
    of libc6. I think (_hope_) this is the one in Hardy _because_ that's
    what I'm doing right now; I've decided to upgrade to Hardy. (so sad
    because I have to download _1.5GB_)

    Jesse, do you still think it's a bug in the X server driver instead of
    the kernel driver (dri I guess)? Because I can trigger the blank screen
    before the X server even starts. If I press ctr+alt+f1 at the _right_
    time when the kernel is booting (or I guess when the boot splash is
    showing) it will instantly blank out. That doesn't seem like something
    related to X.

    Anyways maybe it's multiple things, and by upgrading to Hardy it might
    fix it (which would prove that it's not a kernel bug, but some software
    version dependency bug - which would still be good to know).

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-03-20 01:29    [W:0.020 / U:123.016 seconds]