SubjectRe: [patch 4/6] vfs: mountinfo show dominating group id
> > > So maybe some alternative, multi line format would be better?
> > >
> > > MountID: 99
> > > ParentID: 88
> > > DevID: 0:34
> > > Type: foofs
> > > Source: /dev/foo
> > > Root: /
> > > MountPoint: /mnt/foo
> > > MountOpts: rw,noatime
> > > Opts: rw,errors=continue
> > > Propagation: shared:42
> >
> > Which still doesn't fully solve the problem, since ->show_options()
> > can also spew newlines + MountID:. Oh well.
>
> a) ban newlines in ->show_options(); that's a requirement that is easy
> to formulate and understand, so it has a chance to survive the contact
> with reality.
>
> b) the order is all wrong - *everything* that depends on fs type should
> be after fs type and everything else should be prior to it. That way
> you don't need to know what the hell does this fs type spew in order to
> parse type-independent information. In particular, "source" (BTW, why
> do you capitalize those?) certainly has no business being in front of
> fs type; as the matter of fact, I'm not at all sure that we _want_ it
> separated from the rest of type-dependent options. The fact that mount(2)
> gets it in a separate argument is a historical accident...
>
> c) since you are tagging the fields anyway, why do you need newlines?
> Moreover, you don't really need to tag everything - there's a well-defined
> beginning and optional fields between it and (type+rest) are the only
> things that needs to be tagged... BTW, why bother with Propagation: part
> and gluing shared:... with slave:... into a single field? Separate them
> with whitespace - you have recognizable prefixes right there.

99 88 0:34 / /mnt/foo rw,noatime shared:42 slave:13 foofs /dev/foo,errors=continue

Something like that? It assumes, that fs types never have ':' in
them, but that's acceptable.

Miklos

  Last update: 2008-03-20 01:21    [W:0.076 / U:3.768 seconds]