SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25-rc4
On Sun, Mar 16 2008, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2008, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I think that we are looking into completely wrong direction...
>
> Alt-SysRq-T traces that Anders posted shows that the system hangs inside
> block layer, if not clearing DRQ would be the case we should see system
> getting stuck inside IDE (or at least IDE commands timing out)...

The bisect ends up pointing at IDE bits everytime, plus it's io
scheduler independent. So I don't think a generic issue is very likely.

> I really do think that it is the same hang-in-block-layer issue that
> Ingo managed to hit once (his system was using libata)...

There's no data to back any such conclusion up, that would be extremely
hand wavy (at best).

Ingo hit a hang in one boot out of hundreds to thousands. Anders can
reproduce easily, should be easy enough to narrow down.

--
Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2008-03-17 08:25    [W:0.128 / U:0.548 seconds]