    SubjectRe: XFS Fails Quality Assurance Tests on ARM
    David Miller wrote:
    > From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
    > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:54:18 +0000
    >
    >> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 12:47:35AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
    >>> There was a patch floating around to "fix" it but it's not on-disk
    >>> compatible w/ x86 & friends, it just makes things consistent for arm. I
    >>> think packing some of these structures would take care of it, but this
    >>> problem could use some attention & testing I think, it's been floating
    >>> around a long time.
    >> Do you have a pointer to that patch? Once the unaliged fields are
    >> identified simply using get_unaligned on them should fix this issue.
    >
    > True, but there is the tertiary issue that the packing done by these
    > platforms might mean that the on-disk format is different on different
    > platforms which the XFS folks likely want to avoid if possible.

    Right.

    FWIW, this patch should fix up at least the most egregious problems, and
    in fact I think most likely resolves the whole issue with the old arm
    ABI, though for some reason, qemu issues keep me from getting a whole
    xfstests QA run to complete....

    -Eric

      Last update: 2008-03-18 04:45    [W:0.022 / U:0.032 seconds]