SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] LED updates
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Richard Purdie wrote:
> As I understand it 2.6.26 will lose the limitation on the name size
> entirely so the problem will go away soon. I don't want to change the
> existing ABI so changing to what you describe above isn't possible. You
> could leave the devicename empty if you wish although I'd prefer you not
> to. Keeping it short might be the best option for 2.6.25.

Hmm, that means I will have to keep the short names, since I can't very
much have two different ABIs across several kernel versions... or I will
have to backport whatever is needed to expand this name size restriction
(and who knows if that's doable... I better start digging).

This won't be easy on my side :(

Well, might as well claim tpacpi as a thinkpad-acpi short handle and use it
on workqueue and kthread naming (and document it) as well as the led class.
Yuck.

> Your other patch looks ok btw although I'm not sure why you sent it
> twice. I'll queue that tomorrow.

I screwed up the prefix on the first one (used LED instead of leds). The
patches are the same. I wrote the reason for the resend after the first
"---" separator.

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2008-03-16 20:51    [W:0.172 / U:0.072 seconds]