    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Ramback: faster than a speeding bullet
    Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > when you spend more money and buy all high end near-custom gear. In
    > fact, the cheap stuff just keeps on chugging, because those guys can't
    > afford to have it break.
    >
    > So please don't underestimate the reliability of a PC.

    I strongly disagree. Cheap PC hardware is not even close to the quality
    of a serious, branded machine. Often capacitors are missing from power
    lines, and the ones that are installed fail sooner. Cooling fans are
    lower quality and fail much sooner. Timing issues abound.

    There's a reason why an IBM is a better machine than a "Black-n-Gold":
    IBM value their name so when you have a problem, they have a problem.
    Buy generic and when you get a problem they already have your money and
    since they have no investment in their name, they have nothing more to
    care about.

      Last update: 2008-03-16 06:27    [W:0.027 / U:29.784 seconds]