SubjectRe: Aborted commands with arcmsr and 2xWD1500ADFD in RAID1
2008/2/26, nickcheng <nick.cheng@areca.com.tw>:
> Hi Aron,
> Thanks for your patience.
> If you still got into trouble, please let me know.
> Thank you again,

I have now tried:

* Turning on/off NCQ in the Areca RAID.
* Turning on/off read-ahead cache in the Areca RAID.
* Putting the disks in anti-vibration mounts in 5.25" slots.
* Switching SATA cables.
* Using legacy ATA power connectors instead of the SATA ones.

But I still have the problem. The power supply is 650W so there should
be plenty of power. There's only two Raptor disks, an Opteron CPU and
an nVidia 6600GT in the machine.

The Raptor two Raptor disks have different firmware on them, could
that cause any problem?

Two people who had read my post here on LKML have contacted me on
e-mail and have the same problem, but they have Seagate and Samsung
disks, and use the 1220 controller.

The problem is hard to trigger, I've not been able to trigger it with
any benchmarking tool, but in ~95% of the cases I can trigger it by
just copying a directory with lots of small files (around 500 MB).

Anyone else seeing this? I'd really like to get it to work since this
is my only computer :(

Should I try with XFS or ReiserFS instead of EXT3?

Regards,
Aron

  Last update: 2008-03-14 18:29    [W:1.430 / U:0.440 seconds]