SubjectRe: [RFC] cgroups: implement device whitelist lsm (v2)
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 08:41:21PM -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting James Morris (jmorris@namei.org):
> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> >
> > > Quoting James Morris (jmorris@namei.org):

> > > Sorry, do you mean with capabilities?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > All Fedora, RHEL, CentOS etc. ship with SELinux+capabilities. I can't
> > imagine not enabling them on other kernels.

> > > So you're saying selinux without capabilities should still be able to
> > > use dev_cgroup? (Just making sure I understand right)
> >
> > Nope, SELinux always stacks with capabilities, so havng the cgroup hooks
> > in capabilities makes sense (rather than having us change the secondary
> > stacking LSM just to enable a feature).
>
> Oh, ok.
>
> Will let the patch stand until Pavel and Greg comment then.

My main question was why was that file in the kernel/ directory?
Shouldn't that also be in the security/ directory?

And to be honest, I didn't really look at it at all other than the
diffstat to make sure you weren't messing with the kobj_map stuff
anymore :)

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2008-03-14 06:03    [W:0.094 / U:1.544 seconds]