SubjectRe: broken access to a USB HID device after suspend
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > Then you suspended the computer with no apparent problem.
> >
> > Two days later you suspended three more times, and the the LCD monitor
> > was disconnected during the third suspend. When it came back, you
>
> What log message do you refer to here?

The three resumes took place on March 12 at 05:21:02, 06:00:28, and
19:20:08 (it's not always clear in the log what time the suspends took
place). The timestamp on the disconnect message is 19:20:09.37743. In
the next line the device was rediscovered.

> > To me that makes it look like the LCD's problems have no connection at
> > all with suspend/resume.
>
> Well, it seems to be "fixed" by a suspend/resume cycle. Do you have a
> hint how I could try to fix it without suspend/resume, to test if it is
> really the LCD's fault?

Testing has to come before fixing -- you can't fix the problem if you
don't know which component is at fault. For all we know, the hardware
could be fine and the problem could lie in your application.

All I can think of for testing is to use usbmon to record the data
transfers when those -110 errors come up.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2008-03-13 20:03    [W:0.419 / U:0.140 seconds]