    SubjectRe: pcibios_scanned needs to be set in ACPI? (was Re: 2.6.25-rc5: Reported regressions from 2.6.24)
    On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:06:10AM +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Greg KH wrote:

    > > Ok, stupid me, this was my fault. I was assuming that pci busses would
    > > never be registered multiple times with the pci core. Obviously this
    > > isn't true. The previous patch I proposed was only paying attention to
    > > the PCI devices, and that logic is just fine (it's already protected
    > > when it is attempted to be registered multiple times.)
    > >
    > > So, the patch below fixes the issue for me, and reboot seems to work as
    > > well.
    > >
    > > Guennadi, can you test this out on your machine?
    >
    > Yes, it fixes all _3_ startup warnings and lets the machine reboot and
    > power off again. 3 warnings are the 2 reported as a regression from
    > 2.6.24, and one present also under 2.6.24:
    >
    > PCI: Probing PCI hardware
    > sysfs: duplicate filename 'bridge' can not be created

    Yes, I noticed that if you were having this problem, .24 would also be
    complaining to you about creating sysfs links. I'll make up a .24 patch
    for -stable after this.

    Kay just pointed out that I can use a struct device field instead of
    creating my own in the bus device, so I'll simplify the patch and then
    send it to Linus in a bit.

    Thanks so much for testing quickly and letting me know.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2008-03-13 16:35    [W:0.023 / U:29.728 seconds]