    SubjectRe: Keys get stuck
    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Fred . wrote:

    > Sometimes the keys get "stuck" and it keeps on repeating the button all
    > the time. It often happen when I play games, that it repeats one of the
    > arrow keys.
    > Now this is a problem that lots of people have experienced.
    > I've experienced it with other kernels too.

    Very probably this is due to broken way how X themselves implement
    auto-repeat, instead of using kernel-provided auto-repeat functionality. I
    guess you are not able to reproduce this problem in the console, but only
    X, right?

    > Someone said this was a problem with dynticks, but I don't know.

    AFAIK it's a problem with X being confused by scheduler behavior (which is
    not necessarily wrong).

    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-03-12 11:35    [W:0.031 / U:4.832 seconds]