SubjectRe: Keys get stuck
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Fred . wrote:

> Sometimes the keys get "stuck" and it keeps on repeating the button all
> the time. It often happen when I play games, that it repeats one of the
> arrow keys.
> Now this is a problem that lots of people have experienced.
> I've experienced it with other kernels too.

Very probably this is due to broken way how X themselves implement
auto-repeat, instead of using kernel-provided auto-repeat functionality. I
guess you are not able to reproduce this problem in the console, but only
X, right?

> Someone said this was a problem with dynticks, but I don't know.

AFAIK it's a problem with X being confused by scheduler behavior (which is
not necessarily wrong).

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs