SubjectRe: sysctl in 2.6.24.2 excludes unapproved files from /proc/sys?
Date
"Also sprach Alexey Dobriyan:"

> If I understand you correcty, the answer is drop '.ctl_name' bits from
> new sysctls and make sure common parts of tables match the ones
> in mainline.

YES! Setting .ctl_name to 0 on _every_ _single_ _item_ of my sub-hierarchy
did the trick. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And how does it know when it gets to the end of a list held as
consecutive entries in an array now? One always used to set .ctl_name
to zero for that marker!

I'd better zero absolutely everything at array end.

Thanks again. I was looking at the documentation for configfs (it
exists!) and muttering "this is way too hard and unsuitable anyway",
and sysfs ("this is just not appropriate"). Sysctl is definitely
the right thing to do for me .. modulo that I would like some finer
control, at my choice, of over when things appear and disappear.

Peter

  Last update: 2008-03-01 10:41    [W:0.057 / U:0.272 seconds]