SubjectRe: [git pull] x86 arch updates for v2.6.25
Hi Christoph,

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> But kgdb traditionally was more than just a simple gdb stub and
> contained hooks all over the place for additional functionality.
> I don't think all this is a good idea and I'd be against it.
>
> I'd be really happy to see a common gdb stub with small arch support
> that allows attaching gdb to the kernel through various transports.
>
> Maybe someone is up to do just that? Even the full blown kgdb with
> all the hooks would benefit from having the gdb stub already in,
> so maybe I could motivate some kgdb developers to do that work?

For sure, every small step forward will help.

Maybe you could have a look at current kgdb.git at kernel.org and
comment on what you would like to see in a first submission round, what
kind of hooks, specifically regarding the core, are not yet in an
acceptable state, and so forth. We will listen.

TiA,
Jan

  Last update: 2008-02-08 10:55    [W:2.066 / U:0.012 seconds]