    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] LED updates
    Richard Purdie wrote:
    > On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 19:38 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    >> On Thu, 07 Feb 2008, Richard Purdie wrote:
    >>> Márton Németh:
    >>> leds: Add support for hardware accelerated LED flashing
    >>> leds: hw acceleration for Clevo mail LED driver
    >> This one has a loose end: when you call brightness_set on a led with
    >> hardware flash acceleration, you will leave the trigger armed, BUT the led
    >> won't blink anymore. That's just wrong.
    >
    > Agreed.

    My only question is that do you know any LED hardware which can blink _and_
    can set the brightness independently? If there would be such a LED I could
    imagine that the brightness can be changed while the LED remains blinking at
    some low frequency. For example a simple LED with brightness set possibility and
    blinking directed by software is an example where the blinking and the brightness
    setting are completely independent.

    I agree, however, that if the brightness is set to LED_OFF, the trigger
    should be also removed.