SubjectRe: [git pull] x86 arch updates for v2.6.25
> /me was once wondering as well why kgdb installs a seconds way of
> handling (its own) faults. Jason explained to me that this approach is
> more robust against corruption along the normal fix-up path.

That's 100% bogus.

> If you recall the issues (and they are still present), it would be nice
> to have them listed. kgdb suffered a lot from historic cruft, but we
> already remove at least some of it over the last patching rounds.
> Whatever remains should be addressed ASAP.

I sent Jason a couple of mails last time when he posted (and before that the
previous maintainer when he tried to merge it). All were
fairly "beratungsresistent".

If you're truly interested i can dig out the mails or do a fresh review.

Long ago I did a quite clean x86-64 kgdb for Linux 2.4 based on the
old 2.4 stub that dropped in without any strange other hooks
(except for a straight forward change to the serial code). It worked
just fine this way.

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans