    SubjectRE: Xilinx: hwicap driver comments

    > > I'm rather new to all this and still (to some extent) trying to
    figure
    > > out what is expected.
    >
    > We're all still trying to figure it out, really. We've gone and made
    it
    > awfully easy to get code into the kernel nowadays. Perhaps too easy.
    I'm
    > presently having a little campaign of watching what's going on a bit
    more
    > closely, and ecouraging people to make it easier for others to see
    what's
    > going on, should they choose to do so.
    >
    > I'm hoping that by the time we're developing 2.6.26 there will be a
    unified
    > git tree (aka linux-next) (basically all the git and quilt trees from
    -mm)
    > for people to look at and play with. That'll improve our pre-merge
    test
    > coverage, but won't do much to improve review. And it won't do
    anything to
    > improve our post-merge bugfixing.

    All of them are good, but I trust testing and sparse more than review..
    :)

    > > Maybe what is needed is git pull --ack?
    >
    > I'm also hoping/expecting/planning that if someone tries to merge a
    patch
    > into mainline, and that patch hasn't been in linux-next for "long
    enough",
    > flags will wave and lights will flash and we can get to take a closer
    look
    > at why it was so late and whether it's OK.

    Hmm... what if git told you what time the original git commit happened?
    That can't be that hard to add (if it's not already there!)

    Steve

      Last update: 2008-02-07 23:03    [W:2.274 / U:0.728 seconds]