    SubjectRe: Xilinx: hwicap driver comments
    On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:08:50 +0100
    Jiri Slaby <> wrote:

    > first of all, I think that the driver should go through lkml before upstream
    > merge or at least be in -mm for a while (I think this used to be a rule some
    > time ago), correct me if I'm wrong, but none of it happened.

    Never seen it before in my life. Can't find any references to it in any of
    the mailing lists. I ended up googling the changelog text for a whopping
    three hits and it appears that this change went into the powerpc patch
    system (

    How it got from there into Linux is also a mystery. I see a batch of
    powerpc updates just went into mainline but I don't know whose tree was
    pulled - I wasn't copied on any pull request and I can't find one on the
    kernel mailing list.

    Perhaps Paul has just done a stealth merge, but the patch to which you
    refer doesn't have his signoff. Very confused.

    Guys, can we all play too?

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-07 21:45    [W:0.031 / U:0.684 seconds]