    Subject[semi-solved] Re: [sdhci] mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1
    Hi,

    On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 10:35:16AM +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:42:37 +0200 (CEST)
    > Adam Wysocki <gophi-lkml@chmurka.net> wrote:
    >
    > > [CCd to possibly interested Pierre Ossman and Rodolfo Giometti]
    > >
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > First, sorry for my poor english - I am not a native.
    > >
    > > I know there have been a thread about this problem few months ago,
    > > but as far as I see it did not led to any results:
    > > http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/19116cafe8a20b5/4a28c3b15bb999df
    > >
    > > I have the same problem, as described there, with Kingston 2GB SD
    > > card. My card reader is embedded into Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pro V3505
    > > notebook and Linux sees it as:
    > >

    > If it's just this card, then I would have to conclude that it is indeed
    > broken. You'd have to return it to the store and get a new one.

    My Toshiba SD-512-T card (Toshiba-specific specs are available as
    TOSHIBA_SD_Card_Specification.pdf) shows the same "SCR structure version 1"
    error message with 2.6.24 on a Motorola E680 (PXAMCI), whereas
    on 2.6.21 it did _NOT_ have it (and all SCR values there are a 1:1 match
    with the values listed in the spec .pdf!).

    For me at least it turned out that while on 2.6.21, raw_scr had
    0x00a50000 0x10011602
    on 2.6.24 raw_scr had
    0x10011602 0x00000000

    IOW, the whole thing is simply shifted by one unsigned int, rendering any
    SCR interpretation fatally wrong (which, I believe, could be a
    _permanent_ error in the SD stack itself which randomly -
    depending on the exact bit content of a card's SCR dump -
    causes the SCR version check to trigger for various cards).
    Is this unsigned int shifting due to a transfer setup issue in the
    highlevel SD stack or do you think it is due to a setup issue in the
    lower-level pxamci driver in my case? If so, what setting could have
    distorted it?
    Weak voltage settings are not to blame, I believe (removed some configs to
    increase a bit from minimum supported voltage).
    If you don't have any specific ideas yet, any hints on how to proceed
    with tracking this down?

    I'd advise at least adding dumping the raw_scr values
    in the SCR version error to be able to track such error postings better
    in the future.

    I'm now giving up on tracking this down myself (I'll just bail the check for
    now to have it boot properly) since originally I had more productive things
    in mind ;)
    (note that disabling the check on 2.6.24 makes the card boot ok
    up to a full mobile desktop)

    Thanks,

    Andreas Mohr

      Last update: 2008-02-07 00:17    [W:0.025 / U:1.624 seconds]