    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] CPUSET driven CPU isolation
    Ingo wrote:
    > ( an initscripts approach, while i'm sure it works, would always be a
    > bit fragile

    Agreed. In the early days of cpusets, (1) the less I put in the kernel,
    the easier it was to get those first patches accepted, and (2) the more
    there was that remained for me to code in user space, where my employer
    could provide better, leading edge, products for a profit.

    Overtime, these user space features that prove their worth, but that
    were difficult to code in the most usable and robust manner in user
    space, such as boot cpusets here, and, on another thread, cpuset
    relative NUMA mempolicies, naturally migrate to the kernel, for wider
    availability.

    --
    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability

      Last update: 2008-02-28 18:49    [W:0.043 / U:89.704 seconds]