    SubjectRe: hfsplus_unlink...hfsplus_block_free: lockdep warning
    Hi,

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

    > > Is this merely a case for annotation?
    >
    > Being utterly clueless on HFS, and not having had a look yet, I'd say
    > its genuine. Esp. since the i_mutex lock class is per filesystem type.
    >
    > So HFS has internal lock ordering problems, its not interaction with
    > another filesystem - like we used to have with ext vs the pseudo
    > filesystems.

    Please look at the code before you get to such conclusions...
    The allocation bitmap is very much organized like a normal file, so HFS+
    treats it like a file (e.g. its data is in the page cache), this file is
    just not visible outside HFS+, so I used the inode lock to synchronize the
    access to it. The lock ordering should be fine, lockdep just doesn't know
    about it.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2008-02-28 17:47    [W:0.031 / U:60.796 seconds]