    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Fundamental flaw in system suspend, exposed by freezer removal
    David Brownell wrote:
    > This "flaw" isn't a new thing, of course. I remember pointing out the rather
    > annoying proclivity of the PM framework to deadlock when suspend() tried to
    > remove USB devices ... back around 2.6.10 or so. Things have shuffled around
    > a bit, and gotten better in some cases, but not fundamentally changed.

    Hardware can be inserted and removed while we're in a suspend state; and
    there's nothing that we can do about it until we resume. Is it fair to
    say, then, that having started suspend, we could reasonably ignore any
    device insertion and removal, and handle it on resume? Presumably we
    need to scan for hardware changes on resume.

      Last update: 2008-02-26 09:27    [W:0.050 / U:29.916 seconds]