    SubjectRe: [patch 5/6] mempolicy: add MPOL_F_RELATIVE_NODES flag
    David,

    Perhaps I missed it, but could you elaborate on what sort of testing
    these patches for MPOL_F_RELATIVE_NODES and MPOL_F_STATIC_NODES have
    received?

    The main reason I didn't push my version of these patches in December
    was I figured it would take a week or three of obsessive-compulsive
    testing to verify that we didn't break various corner cases of the
    mbind/mempolicy system call interface.

    In particular, do we know that Oracle works with this? At least in
    years past, when Andi was the primary developer here, he had some
    good and detailed awareness of what it took to keep Oracle happy
    with this NUMA memory policy apparatus. I don't know if we still
    have that awareness.

    --
    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability

      Last update: 2008-02-26 18:47    [W:0.022 / U:34.680 seconds]