SubjectRe: PROBLEM: I/O scheduler problem with an 8 SATA disks raid 5 under heavy load ?
Date
Hello all,

A bit of update to this issue.

Switching the cabling of the most problematic drive with a new one
didn't fix the issue.
I couldn't yet switch the power supply with a more powerful one.
However I temporarily added a pci-e SATA host and another drive, the
situation was just as bad, not worse ;-) This HBA just had 2 ports,
so I couldn't swap it completely with the nvidia ports.

Just as a guess I added sata_nv.adma=0 and the problem completly
disappeared for 4 weeks now. Removing it from cmdline just make it
come back.

Unfortunately I'm running xen on this host so I don't think adma
patches if any may be suitable to me, at least as long as something >
2.6.20 doesn't come in gentoo for xen...

Regards,

GoM