    SubjectRe: Upgrade to 2.6.24 breaks NFS service
    On 13 Feb 2008, Jeff Layton told this:

    > If upgrading nfs-utils doesn't help, on this box, could you run:
    > # rpcinfo -p localhost
    > send the output? statd expects that lockd will always be listening on a
    > UDP socket and some changes recently made it so that when there are
    > only TCP mounts that it doesn't necessarily do so. That may be the
    > problem here.

    I rebooted back into again, and everything works now, without
    even upgrading nfs-utils (although I did that anyway, to nfs-utils git
    head, and it's still happy).

    Linux: debugs itself, no human intervention required! :)

    (The inconsistency of this screams `port allocation' to me. If it
    happens again I'll get some rpcinfo output and packet dumps. I'd
    have done it this time if it hadn't been for the plug-the-security-
    hole rush and it being 2am.)

    `The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
    describes USENET

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-14 01:19    [W:0.025 / U:48.884 seconds]