SubjectRe: [discuss] "ide=reverse" do we still need this?

> Hm, so, to summarize:
> - you needed this option many years ago to get a box to work properly
> - you don't need this today
>
> So, if the option went away, you would not be inconvenienced?

After having reanimated the old system and after comments of other
persons I would not be inconvenienced if the option went away.

The system indeed did not boot correctly without that option, because
the disks appeared in a wrong order. On the other hand, I was able to
(re)install bootloaders (grub as well as lilo) and after that did not
need the option any more. Unfortunately, after that I was not able to
reproduce the initial situation where the option was needed.

Dirk

  Last update: 2008-02-13 21:05    [W:0.844 / U:0.376 seconds]