SubjectRe: [2.6.25-rc1] System no longer powers off after shutdown
Date
On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Greg KH wrote:
> > So, just on the off chance, I applied the patch below and bingo, the
> > system powers off again. I doubt this will be the correct solution, but
> > just in case it is, here's my signed off. A comment why the double put
> > is needed would probably be good though.
>
> There is a bug in the cpufreq kref logic that makes this "double put"
> necessary. A real fix has already been posted to solve this issue, and
> I think it should be on it's way to Linus for -rc2 already.

OK, great.

Do you think that #6879 could be caused by a similar issue elsewhere in the
tree? Can you give me some pointers on how I could find out (debugging to
enable, instrumentation to add)?

> Please let me know if -rc2 comes out without this needed fix.

Will do.

  Last update: 2008-02-13 20:31    [W:0.088 / U:2.188 seconds]