    SubjectRe: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))
    On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:19:14AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    > We usually get this warning today in -mm.

    We don't always - and I'd say in terms of ARM it would be extremely rare.
    The sysfs API changes at the start of the last merge window is one example
    of this.

    I had everything nicely prepared in the ARM tree for merging shortly
    after the window opened, and then wham bam thankyou mam, the merge
    window opened and a lot ended up breaking.

    We know that the -mm tree is pretty much useless in terms of code
    coverage for ARM, and it's getting increasingly unlikely that anything
    short of a build of all ARM defconfigs will pick up on merge issues -
    which is a lot of CPU cycles, and I'm not going to insist its something
    that should be done.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of:

      Last update: 2008-02-13 11:15    [W:0.030 / U:0.292 seconds]